At Chester Basin Animal Hospital, the safety of our team, our clients, and their pets is of utmost importance to us. As such, we have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols, as well as the following policies to help keep everyone who enters the hospital safe:
1. SERVICES – We will continue to offer our full range of veterinary services unless instructed otherwise by public health.
2. MANDATORY FACE MASKS - All clients entering the hospital must wear a face mask. If you are unable to wear a mask, we will accommodate you with curbside service.
3. HAND SANITIZER - All clients are asked to use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering the hospital.
4. ONE PERSON PER PET – Only one healthy adult is permitted to accompany pets into the hospital. Exceptions will be made for certain circumstances such as end of life consultations and euthanasia.
5. CURBSIDE SERVICE - For any clients who do not wish to enter the hospital, we are happy to provide curb side service – please be sure to request this when scheduling an appointment or arranging pick up.
6. PHYSICAL DISTANCING - All clients entering the hospital are asked to practice physical distancing. Please maintain a 2-meter (6 foot) distance from hospital team members and other clients.
7. LOCKED DOOR POLICY - The hospital door will remain locked at all times. Please ring the door bell, or call from your vehicle to alert us of your arrival.
8. ONE-AT-A-TIME – We will continue to serve clients on a one-at-a-time basis. Please be patient and understanding. We will do our very best to keep things moving as quickly as possible.
9. CONTACTLESS PAYMENT AND PICK UP – We encourage everyone to consider payment over the phone for refill prescriptions, food and over the counter products using Visa or Mastercard. Curbside pick up is available for all prepaid items – just be sure to call upon arrival.
10. TELEMEDICINE – Phone consultations are available for a number of minor health conditions. Payment for telemedicine services can be processed over the phone using Visa or Mastercard.
11. COVID HEALTH SCREENING - DO NOT ENTER THE HOSPITAL IF: (1) you are feeling sick or exhibiting signs of illness, (2) you have been outside the Atlantic Bubble, or have been in contact with anyone who has been outside of the Bubble in the past 14 days, or (3) you have had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19. If any of these conditions apply, you will need to reschedule your visit for a later date. If your pet is in need of urgent medical attention, please call the hospital and we will provide instructions on how to have your pet receive the care he or she needs.